About Thick Pack
A rock solid core (even one hiding under a layer of good times) protects your back and enhances athletic performance.
- 30 workouts designed by The Active Life doctors to improve midline stability
- Thick Pack workouts should be completed AFTER your normal daily workout
- Most sessions take less than 20 minutes to complete
- Repeat the program as often as you want
Thick Pack Workouts Improve:
- low back stamina
- anti rotational strength
- anti extension strength
- anti lateral flexion strength
- anterior core control
- postural stamina
With lots of:
- Heavy carries
- Low weight high rep sets of squats, deadlifts and box step ups
- Heavy static holds
- Planks and assorted ground work
- Standing straight leg holds and other horrible core crushing movements
In Just 15-25 minutes per session:
- Thick Pack Workouts should be done AFTER your normal daily training
- Kick back pain to the curb
- Improve performance
- Earn meaty abs
Mobility & Strength Balance
Ever wonder why your knees and back hurt?
Maybe you have limited mobility or are horribly imbalanced. Good news! The Active Life Lower Body Mobility and Strength Balance Assessments are part of the Thick Pack program.
Flexibility and Mobility Assessments:
Strength Balance Assessments:
- Single Leg Bias
- Lower Body Strength Stamina
Sample Thick Pack Workout
- Lateral Box Step Ups: x 5 each leg (Video)
- Squat Press Outs: x 10 @ light weight using KB, DB or Plate (Video)
- Groiners: x 10 (Video)
- Front Rack Hold**: 30 seconds @ 85% 1 rep max Front Squat (Video)
- 1 Arm Farmer Carry: 30 meters Right Arm, go heavy (Video)
- 1 Arm Farmer Carry: 30 meters Left Arm, go heavy (Video)
** Front Rack hold can be with a barbell, sandbag, sand ball or Atlas stone. Your choice.
If you’re using anything but a barbell be sure to hold it high on your chest.
I’ve completed every workout in the program with only:
- 100 pound Sand Ball (a round sandbag)
- 50 pound sandbag
- 36, 55 and 70 pound kettlebells
- Plyo Box with 20, 24 and 30 inch sides.
It’s nice to also have:
- barbell and weights
- farmer carry handles
- squat rack for the front rack holds
- more kettlebell and dumbbell options
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Will a Thick Pack built by @activeliferx make me look better naked?
Answer: I don’t know what you’re implying but I’ve never seen you naked.
Question: I can’t start right away. Is that ok?
Answer: Yes, you have access to the program forever.
Question: My back hurts. Will this program help?
Question: I’m a runner. Do I have to be familiar with CrossFit or weightlifting to participate?
Answer: Nope. Nothing in the program is overly technical and everything can be scaled.